Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tool #11

1.  I really enjoyed getting to learn how to use Google Docs.  I will be able to make a presentation, for example, an explanation of Slow, Go and Whoa foods.  The students will then be able to find a picture of each one of those foods and post it to the presentation with an explanation of what it is and why it is in that category.  I'm also excited about hopefully skype-ing with another campus somewhere in the country that utilizes an Action Based Learning Lab.  I'm looking forward to seeing their data tracking devices and also the improvements that have come out of the program.  


2.  This program has really opened my mind about technology in the classroom.  Although it can be overwhelming at times, 11 Tools really broke it down, didn't talk over my head and I was able to figure things out on my own!  There are so many different programs that can be so intimidating, but SBISD has really made it easy by breaking down all of the sites.  I would like to utilize technology more in the Health Fitness classroom, by showing videos to making videos.  Online apps can also be used as a station to get students interested in health and physical activity.  Other than changing my own personal mindset, I think I have everything I'll need to accommodate the 21st century learner.  


3.  It always seems very hard to incorporate technology into a Health Fitness classroom.  This being my first year using the Action Based Learning curriculum, I was confused about how to tie it all in.  But, now I know that I can use resources online and other teachers across the country in order to improve what goes on in the classroom.  I'm excited to get started!  

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Courtney! I normally would comment on every post you made or at least every other one but with my summer schedule, I wasn't able to do that - sorry! I look forward to working with you on these great ways to use technology in the ABL classroom!

    ReplyDelete